Wednesday 23 May 2012

Biking

The topic I chosen is biking. I chose this topic because I am very passionate about it. Another reason I chose this topic is because I do a lot of biking and it is one of my favorite pastimes. The things I chose for my magazine are different videos and articles about biking. 


Some of the articles are Jonathan Dennis’s downhill biking race at Greno Woods. Jonathan was riding against 200 other competitors for the downhill biking world championship. Another is about the Whistler Mountain bike park. This park challenges every rider at their own abilities, and whether you are a good biker or a bad one, there is a run for everyone. Downhill biking is a sport for those who want to become phisical but it is also for the mind. Downhill jumps are the hardest to do because you are already going fast, so you have to judge your speed when approaching the jump. I like reading articles on the internet because it is real peoples experiances. 


The article in the Sheffield Telegraph shows some bias when the author and people describe the event as “awesome, incredible ride”. Some themes or patterns are, “everyone falls but gets right back up”.  The strongest article I think is the Whistler Mountain because it tells about all the rides you can do for everyone. I think it shows less bias because the another was not one  sided. The weakest article is the Jonathan Dennis’s. I think it is the weakest because it showed lots of bias when I was reading the articles but it was also a good article to read, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment