Thursday 24 May 2012

Gaming Platforms



I chose this topic because I thought it was a good one to compare because everyone has different opinions of what they want in a gaming system. I also enjoy gaming systems and would like to learn more about them, since I do use them. This article has helped me do so, and it's showed me what both systems can do and which has better features. It all depends what you're interested in, really. I chose articles that are factual and opinion based. You can tell this by how the articles sound. Some kind of just choose one side, which shows bias. They choose their favorite one and try to make the other one look not as good.
Both systems have been rated well but more people have voted for Xbox 360. I think the reason for this is because the Xbox has been around longer, since 2003 and the Ps3 since 2005. Most are factual though and show both sides and just compare them to show what features they have and the quality of the systems. The Ps3's best feature is the Blue-ray and the Xbox 360 is it's Kinect which is a newer thing for this system. Both systems have different versions which are older and newer so they do different things. I've noticed that the general bias in these articles is mostly saying, "The Ps3 is faster" or "The Xbox 360 is better" and other stuff like that. It seems that the Xbox 360 has some technical problems. Since the console's release in 2005, the reliability gained a bad reputation from the general public but the Ps3 is considered a technically superior console to the Xbox 360. I've also noticed that there's kind of a theme or pattern to these articles because there all very similar in many ways. They do a lot of the same things but at the same time they don't. They have different features so it all depends what your looking for in a system. It's confusing for people that are deciding what one they want out of the two systems. It would be nice if they made one system that had all the features in one, so you could have all the different experiences. It also depends how mush you want to spend because there's price differences for sure.
I think that the strongest article would have to be the Ps3 vs Xbox 360 comparison chart. It has a lot of useful information and tells you what each system has without putting the other one down. I think that the weakest article would be the Yahoo Answers one the reason is it's not very accurate, it's very bias and it's not very complete. You also don't know if this information is correct because it's from random people on the internet, it's not actually an article. So you can't really trust the information that is given.
I think these articles have expanded my thinking because I know more about these two different systems and what they can do. I have an idea of what system I would prefer because of the features I would like. It's also changed my thinking as well because i've seen the technical problems of them both. The Xbox 360 has the nick name "red ring of death" and disks get scratched in the drive. The Ps3 may flash red or green lights when it's over heating so make sure to check it. The video playback could be fuzzy or distorted which is most common. So in the end both systems have problems but it just depends on what one you like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment