Wednesday 23 May 2012

Modern Warfare 3 vs. Battlefield 3

I chose the topic because I'm interested in games in general, especially in Shooter-Games. I played a lot games like Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) and Battlefield 3 (BF3) and specifically those two. I watch many videos on this topic, even at home. Another reason, I chose this topic, is that there are many facts which explain for the success of the game worldwide. There are many articles on the Internet about this topic and the first person shooter genre is highly represented in the game scene. I like realistic games with many interesting factors like flying a helicopter or driving a tank. I prefer games where I have to use strategy to win and I like to start with bad weapons and then “level up” and gain access to better weapons. I enjoy physics engines, which include gravity and things like a realistic parachute jump.

I chose a mix of factual and opinion based articles. I have four articles which are relatively factual and two, written by me, which are opinion based. I can identify factual text with no bias and opinion based text with bias. I can find bias in the texts about Battlefield's and Modern Warfare's statistics. For example the phrase “amazing graphics” in the Battlefield 3 text. It shows the reader that the author really likes the game and that the author would prefer it. He also has many biases in the article about Modern Warfare 3, like “brings Activision undeserved Money” or “bad game”. On those two examples you can see that the author doesn't like the game. I would say that the strongest articles are those about the main statistics of the game. They contain accurate examples and the main points and factors about the game, which are relevant for the reader and potential gamer. There is not much bias but it's really clear. 



After reading all those articles I didn't really change my opinion. My opinion about those games just got stronger. I saw every weakness of MW3 and every positive thing of BF3.

No comments:

Post a Comment