Wednesday 9 May 2012

Steroids

I chose the topic “steroids” because I am interested in bodybuilding.
I work on my fitness six times a week, doing work-outs in the gym and
running every morning. But after a while it got frustrating because I
only saw small improvements. I often thought about what I can do for
increasing my strength and for getting visible abs and big muscles. I
also thought of taking steroids and read a lot about that in the
Internet and also in books, about how they are made, how they are used
and what the dangers and side effects are. After I dealt with that
theme, I decided that the risks are too big for me, so I didn't try
steroids, but I was still looking for a good way to gain muscles fast.
During my research I came across a kind of natural steroids. They
aren't as good as anabolic steroids but they were supposed to be good
for increasing strength. Creatine doesn't have any side effects, but
are simply produced by three different amino acids, which are in the
body anyway. They are needed for saving more water in the body and
muscles are mostly made of water. With more creatine the body saves
more water in the muscles, so they get bigger and stronger. I tried
creatine and it's true they help let your muscles grow. I am still
interested in steroids. I wouldn't take them but I think people should
know about their risks and side effects. Everyone who is thinking
about taking steroids should read a lot about the risks and decide if
they want to take the risks. 


Most of my articles are scientific. They are based on facts and almost without bias. One of the videos is not scientific and has a lot of bias, but I think that's because they wanted to find positive arguments for steroids, which is not thateasy. In that video people who tried steroids and saw the big difference they make and probably got paid to tell us what producer of
steroids want us to think. I know what I just wrote is full of bias,
but this is my own opinion and I have formed this opinion on the basis
of many articles and facts I read. I chose these articles for my
online magazine because they cover almost all aspects of steroids. You
can read how they are made, how they work and what the side effects
are. These are all important things you have to know. It surprised me
how bad they can be for the body because on the chemical level it's
not that complicated to understand how they are made. 


I think the weakest articles are “Steroid Law -  Muscle Mutants and Sports
Nutrition Supplements” and the video “The use of steroids in
bodybuilding” because they have a lot of bias. The other articles are
based on facts and that's why I think they are better. The Wikipedia
article is really comprehensive and is trying to show all sides of
steroids. Everyone who wants to gain muscles by using steroids should
at least read the article collection I made and will probably come to
the same conclusion as I did.

The articles I read didn't change my thinking about steroids because I
informed myself about steroids before I put together all these
articles. Before I informed myself in the first place I thought
differently about steroids or at least I didn't know exactly what to
think of them, but with reading all these articles and trying to
understand the facts about steroids I got a better knowledge about
steroids. With this knowledge I made my own decision what to think
about steroids. In my opinion no one should take steroids. I often
read the argument that a bodybuilder who doesn't use steroids can't
compete in a contest. Most of the time that was one of the main
arguments on the positive site for steroids. But I think that's a
really weak argument if no bodybuilder would take steroids they would
still have the same prerequisites and chances to win. In my opinion,
steroids are just for people with a weak mind, who can't persevere a
hard training to get the body they want. Taking steroids is the easy
way and someone who reaches a well built body with taking steroids
shouldn't be proud of it because it's not an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment