Wednesday 20 June 2012

Baseball


         Scoop it is a web site where you make an online magazine, of anything you want. Now, I thought I'd make a magazine on Major League Baseball teams. I have chosen this topic because I used to play baseball and I have always liked baseball. I like hearing about the news about my favourite teams too. Some of my favourite teams are Boston Red Socks, the New YorkYankees, and the Toronto Blue Jays.

The are my favorite team, not because my name is Jay, but because they have my favourite player, Luis Perez; he is left handed pitcher like me. Another reason they are my favourite team is that the Jays put up good stats and have won the World Series many times. When I was little I used to watch baseball and loved to watch the Jays; they always put on a good game.

  Most of my articles in my magazine are factual but there are some opinion based articles. Most of my articles are random but they're all pretty interesting. I think that my article on “Wives of  Major League baseball players” is the weakest of all my articles. I think this is a weak article because it really doesn't say anything about the teams or the players as far as how they play. It does however make a strong point about what the players are getting their wives and how their family’s are doing. It also talks about what the wives think and do being with major league baseball players. The strongest article would be “Blue Jays release Vlad from minors deal”. It talks about the players and what they are doing right now. It also has weak parts in it such as opinion based facts and some things they talk about have not been proven.

My articles are mostly about the players when there playing not the bad things they have done off the field; there are somethings about them off the field but they're not as important as the other ones that are to do with there plays, and the games they have been in. I prefer to try to keep my Scoop It page in the sports part of baseball and not go into “gossip”.

I have learned that some teams are not winning as much as they use to, also that some people make up things to get others to think the same way, and that the  Jays, my favourite team, is not playing as good now a days, when I was little. Almost every game I watched with the Jays they won and now they are inconsistent at best. Some articles are not as important but sometimes people like to hear about that stuff; gossip about teams or players. There are many articles though that are reliable as to statistics and player performance with little or no bias. I have learned to question articles and not take everything I read at face value; I must consider the source and the reason for the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment